Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Posted by The Hagan Clan at 11/17/2009 04:48:00 PM
Monday, November 2, 2009
Posted by The Hagan Clan at 11/02/2009 11:07:00 AM
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Posted by The Hagan Clan at 10/22/2009 10:57:00 AM
Monday, April 27, 2009
Posted by The Hagan Clan at 4/27/2009 04:52:00 PM
Friday, March 27, 2009
Posted by The Hagan Clan at 3/27/2009 02:47:00 PM
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Peel a banana from the bottom and you won't have to
pick the little 'stringy things' off of it. That's how the primates do it.
Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.
Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil.
It will stay fresh much longer and not mold!
Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating.
Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.
Add a teaspoon of water when frying ground beef.
It will help pull the grease away from the meat while cooking
To really make scrambled eggs or omelets rich add a couple of spoonfuls of sour cream, cream cheese, or heavy cream in and then beat them up
For a cool brownie treat, make brownies as directed. Melt Andes mints in double broiler and pour over warm brownies. Let set for a wonderful minty frosting
Add garlic immediately to a recipe if you want a light taste
of garlic and at the end of the recipe if your want a stronger taste of garlic.
Leftover snickers bars from Halloween make a delicious dessert. Simply chop them up with the food chopper. Peel, core and slice a few apples. Place them in a baking dish and sprinkle the chopped candy bars over the apples. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes!!! Serve alone or with vanilla ice cream. Yummm!
Heat up leftover pizza in a nonstick skillet on top of the stove, set heat to med-low and heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy. No soggy micro pizza. I saw this on the cooking channel and it really works.( i tried this one today and it worked)
Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal, mash till they are all broken up. Add remainder of ingredients, reseal, keep mashing it up mixing thoroughly, cut the tip of the baggy, squeeze mixture into egg.. Just throw bag away when done easy clean up
When you buy a container of cake frosting from the store, whip it with your mixer for a few minutes. You can double it in size. You get to frost more cake/cupcakes with the same amount. You also eat less sugar and calories per serving
To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in a microwave with a cup of water. The increased moisture will keep the food moist and help it reheat faster
Use a wet cotton ball or Q-tip to pick up the small shards of glass you can't see easily
Place a dryer sheet in your pocket.
It will keep the mosquitoes away
Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not have a clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling when wearing panty hose.
Place pin in seam of slacks and ... ta da! .. static is gone.
Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill with hot water.
Dump out the hot water, but don't dry cup. Next, add your ingredient, such as peanut butter, and watch how easily it comes right out.
Hate foggy windshields? Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove box of your car When the windows fog, rub with the eraser! Works better than a cloth!
If you seal an envelope and then realize you forgot to include something inside, just place your sealed envelope in the freezer for an hour or two. Viola! It unseals easily..
Use your hair conditioner to shave your legs. It's cheaper than shaving cream and leaves your legs really smooth. It's also a great way to use up the conditioner you bought but didn't like when you tried it in your hair
To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass, fill it 1/2' with Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dish washing liquid; mix well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever!
Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it 'home,' can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but it works and you don't have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!
....last but not least...my favorite...which i didnt know until one day i got this as an email...and i went to try and was amazed...so i clean it out twice a week....
The heating unit went out on my dryer! The gentleman that fixes things around the house for us told us that he wanted to show us something and he went over to the dryer and pulled out the lint filter. It was clean. (I always clean the lint from the filter after every load clothes.) He told us that he wanted to show us something; he took the filter over to the sink and ran hot water over it. The lint filter is made of a mesh material ... I'm sure you know what your dryer's lint filter looks like. Well ... the hot water just sat on top of the mesh! It didn't go through it at all! He told us
that dryer sheets cause a film over that mesh that's what burns out the heating unit.
You can't see the film, but it's there. It's what is in the dryer sheets to make your clothes soft and static free .... that nice fragrance too. You know how they can feel waxy when you take them out of the box ... well this stuff builds up on your clothes and on your lint screen. This is also what causes dryer units to potentially burn your house down with it! He said the best way to keep your dryer working for a very long time (and to keep your electric bill lower) is to take that filter out and wash it with
hot soapy water and an old toothbrush (or other brush) at least every six months.
He said that makes the life of the dryer at least twice as long! How about that!?!
Learn something new everyday! I certainly didn't know dryer sheets would do that.
Posted by The Hagan Clan at 3/10/2009 09:39:00 PM
Friday, February 27, 2009
I read my friend Sarah blog this morning and she posted a 25 random things about yourself...so i thought i would do it...lets see what i come up with!
1. My kids are my world....Having Dakota at 17 made me grow up really fast...but i would do it all over again. I love the fact each of my kids are different...i love there personalities, they can make me laugh in a blink of an eye! It really freaks me out that Bryan teases me that in 8 years Dakota would be ready to move out the house and i dont like that...i keeps saying they are all living we me until they are 30.
2. my bestest friend is Bryan, he's taught me alot over the years...This year we will be together for 12 years but only been married for 6. Bryan know's everything thing about me...with him i cant keep secrets...we love to talk to each other....sometime people say we love to argue...i think its true...I love the fact that no matter what, he says i love before he leaves to go to work...at end of every phone call...or when i leaving to go somewhere...if i wake up in the morning and dont remember him giving me a kiss goodbye or saying i love you to me... i will call him and chew his butt out...just cause im so used to it.!
3. Just like Sarah, i'm a hand washer freak...i usually wash my hand like 20 times a day and it get really worse when i'm pregnant.....
4. most of you know this but i'm a major tom-boy....i hated wearing dresses..i used to like wearing skirts but i dont any more...i love to do all guy stuff...i think that's why God gave me three boys...i love four-wheeling, shooting, camping, racing, and i dont like to watch sports on tv...but I love going to see sports...i have to see the real thing to get excited! Bryan making me slowly into a girl...he's the one that got me wearing pink...jewerly...and to care for my fashion...before i careless but now i think he wants to be married to girl...not a guy...lol Everyone jokes that i more manly then him...Im the tuffer one and he's more the sensitive one! (dont tell him i told you that...he would kill me). I can touch any bug or snakes...i love catching frog with the boy's in the summer....i used to have rats that were pets....my favorite one was Jessie.
5. I have had a psoriasis since i was thirteen....non-contagious autoimmune disease which affects the my skin and joints. Psoriasis is one of the longest known illnesses of humans and simultaneously one of the most misunderstood....and yet there is no cure for it....it can be embarrassing....i had a lot of issues cause of it, and it made me unsocial lot of growing up....i used to wear pants and long sleeve shirts to cover it....just mainly cuz it gross other people out...but now i dont care i have learn to live with it....now im just scared cuz i can pass it down to my kids and i dont want them to go through it. I also have arthritis in my joints cuz of my psoriasis.
6.lets see....im am afraid of the dark...not so much that it's dark but what i cant see in the dark...when i lived out in the country i wouldnt go out after dark...if i did...i would run to my car and hurry up and turn the lights on. I guess it might be because of all the scary movies..which leads me to #7
7. I LOVE scary movies...the scarier the better, gory-er the better...i have watch all of the Saw movies...i love them. I will not watch the " These hills have eyes" because it has more disturbing thing more than anything...and the guy who has wrote has a twisted mind! My first scary movie was the Night of the living dead...and i still love the original movie...all the remakes are stupid...i watched my first Nightmare on Elm street when i was three or four...and loved everyone of them...i remember when my cousin and i used to play when we were lil we would sing the main rhyme off elm street....One two...Freddy's coming for you, three..four you better lock your door, five ....six grab your crucifix, seven ..eight gonna stay up late, nine...ten never sleep again! i still love it!
8.I believe in ghost and spirits....I have caught Dakota talking to one when he was lil...well people would say it was haunted but i used to live in the house that would have some ghost or spirits living in it.... When i gave birth to Dakota i knew my great grandma was by my side...i could here her talking to me! I knew when she died before we gotten the phone call! And i do believe there are evil spirits too...i had one run through the house one time...it was quit freaky! I dont talk much about it! I know i sound funny on that one but it's true...it happend during the day even and i wasnt the only one that saw it! As like Sarah i am also extremely superstitious!
9. I have what you called premenions...i dont think its the same as deja vu but im not sure. I actually get them all the time...but since i been taking meds to go to sleep i dont get them as often...or i dont remember them until it just about to happend!
10. i hate painting....i cant stand it at all...i so messy when it comes to painting...i will at the end of it have more paint on me then on the dang wall....i dont have a creative bone in my body either....i love to do crafts but im not a crafty person...
11. Im not a jealous person...until it come to people that are crafty...lol other than that...i dont get jealous...i dont think i have to have something that someone has...if i like it i will either get it or i dont. that is one of my pet peeves...
12. i cant take baths....it's gross! i cant even soak in one. I feel to dirty....for me to soak in a bath i would have to take a shower first!
13.My fear is heights....cuz once i was in a swing and my grandpa was swinging me so high that i was even with the bar on top, and i fell off! After that no heights for me...i can handle flying as long its at night...and i do love roller coasters but most the time i have my eyes closed so i dont see the ground!
14. I am the oldest of my brother and sister of my mom kids but im the youngest (i think) of my real dad kids! out four or five and my real dad is in his 60's
15.I love FOOD...i can never go on a diet....cuz i love food...not that i eat all the time...but i will eat what i want to eat....I'm a big beef and chicken lover....and dont mess with my spuds...i can eat a potato in a lot of different ways! The least favorite is liver...i cant stand the smell or the taste...there is not enough ketchup to cover that taste. Also i cant waste food...when i fix my plate or is someone else does...i have to try to finish it...i guess its the way i was brought up.
16. I can only eat ice cream in the winter...i cant eat it in the summer it makes me feel sick!
17. its funny cuz i am a short person...but if you measure the length of my legs its the same length as from my finger tips to the end of my torso....
18. I love music...i can listen to all kinds of music all day long, but im not a singer what so ever! But you ask me to name a song...i cant off the top of my head...or i cant tell you who sings it....that because of #19
19. i believe i have a short term memory loss...really i think i do...Bryan for years want me to check it out....I can listen to you and wont remember in hour what you said...unless you keep repeating it to me....I have to write on sticky notes to remember to do things! It started after i had Dakota...when i used to have my spells...that why Bryan wanted me to get it check out...cuz he thinks they were mini strokes!
20.Just like Sarah, im 27 years old and i dont know how to drive a stick....Bryan wants to teach me...but i have a fear of looking stupid...if i know im going to look stupid then i wont do it! But that the first thing my boys are going to learn how to drive when it come time.
21.Most people think im a bitchy person...really its just my looks...i guess learning over the years i have what you call a bitch look...i dont mean too but i do. You can win my friendship by making me laugh....i love to laugh...i love jokes... Thats why i married Bryan...he made me laugh from the first day i met him....but i cant stand to be around stupid people....*ugg* they drive me crazy...and also i cant stand FAKE people....i can call them out in a heart beat! On the other note i cant stand most girls...sometimes im ashamed to be called woman...cuz the way they act...im not into...that backstabbing, two-face, whining, and crying crap. One of my saying is " put your big girl panties on and deal with it"
22. Im not a cuddlier nor am i a type of person to talk about my feelings... i do keep thing bottle up inside...unless i talk to Bryan...he seems to get it out of me! i dont mind to hug my husband or my kids...but i have a hard time hugging other people...or being touch by other people...it creeps me out...just ask my mom...sorry mom!
23. I love to go to the bar every weekend....I dont drink maybe once a month....but i love to hang out with my friends from McCook and Culbertson....play pool, bullshit, and listen to all of them sing karaoke...
24. I have a very sensitive nose....if my nose dont like something i start to gag....real bad...and its worse when im pregnant!
25. I have had grey hair since i was 5...now i have this one patch on top of my head...it started to show more as i got older...so at 17 i started to dye my hair...and i still do! The spot is bigger then a plum...and i have a hard time to cover it...the dye start fading off of it after a week....i inherit it from my great grandma! Just like i inherit my name from my great great grandma Aletha....i still have pictures of her and a beautiful necklace that she owned!
Posted by The Hagan Clan at 2/27/2009 10:46:00 AM
Thursday, February 26, 2009
and there wife dressed like Lucy and Ethel
this one for you cuz...hahaha
Posted by The Hagan Clan at 2/26/2009 09:45:00 PM